· The mission of RBI is to prevent the loss of diversity in global farm animal genetic resources (AGR).
· RBI is the only international non-governmental organization with a mandate for the conservation of AGR.
· RBI is an umbrella organization which unites, facilitates and supports the work of both non-governmental and governmental groups at regional, national and local level, and of individuals throughout the world in conserving AGR in farm livestock.
· RBI encourages the formation of conservation groups in areas of the world where no such activity exists.
· RBI maintains a consultancy database and offers the expertise and experience of its members as a resource to assist in solving conservation problems at regional, national and local level.
· RBI conducts research at an international level.
News Flash : Rare Niata cattle discovered in Bolivia